3.18.2015

5 ways waiting for baby is like meeting someone from a dating site.

I'm not sure how this random comparison popped into my head, but the more I thought about it, the more it made sense: waiting around to have your baby ((especially in the last few weeks)) is a lot like anticipating meeting a guy from an online dating site. And I can speak from experience--that is exactly how Mike and I met! So, thanks to online dating, this little baby is making her way into the world, and mama gets to go through all of this twice...



1.  You hope the awaited and anticipated person-in-question doesn't turn out to look like / be a wrinkly old dude.

(Baby: look like. Date: BE. I was a little worried before meeting Mike that he'd actually be a creepy old guy who had been fooling me, using his grandson's photos on his dating profile...)


2.  You keep running that first meeting through your head, wondering how painful it's going to be.

(Baby: literally painful. Date: painfully awkward.)


3.  You hope nothing disastrous happens, resulting in your untimely demise...or at the very least, your decision to never, ever, ever do this again!

(No explanation needed!)


4.  You've brought backup with you to watch your back and make sure you survive intact.

(Baby: husband/partner/doula/mom/etc. Date: friend hiding in nearby restaurant booth, peeking around the corner, ready to call and bail you out with an "emergency" at any sign of extreme discomfort.)


5. You can hardly contain your excitement to meet someone you've felt like you've known for quite a while, but have never actually met in-person before. 

(And I'm a lucky gal, because both the date scenario and the baby scenario will end in falling in love for me. )

No comments:

Post a Comment