3.30.2015

art: nerdy gals watercolor ((for Avery's nursery)).

Finally! I've finished the nerdy gals watercolor piece I've been working on for Avery's nursery! Here is the unframed final result:


((In case you couldn't tell or weren't sure, here are the ladies in order, left to right, starting with the top row: Luna Lovegood, Princess Leia, Wonderwoman, Buffy, Amy Pond, and Eowyn.))

I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out! The only bummer is that I didn't pay close enough attention to the particulars of the frame I had planned to put it in; the edges of the frame cover up the tops of the top gals' heads and the bottom gals' feet. So, the painting is done but I'll be heading back to the store to look for a new frame!

Here are a couple of snaps of the process, just for fun:



I used to dabble in watercolors when I was younger, but it has been a long time, so I'm still pretty rusty. It's taking me some time to remember some of the techniques, and I didn't try anything too fancy with shading, shadows, negative space, etc. in this piece; I was just going for bright, true colors for the most part. I'm definitely excited to get some more practice and branch out with different styles and techniques in the future! Meanwhile, I think these nerdy gals turned out pretty well, and I'm excited to have them keeping an eye on my little nerdy gal when she arrives. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment