3.19.2015

art: owls ((practicing my drawing + watercolor skills)).

So, how about some actual art?!?

Obviously, with life as crazy as it is right now in preparation for the baby's arrival, art is on the back burner currently. But I recently had a chance to squeeze in these little cuties, to practice my ink drawing and watercolor painting.

The design for these little cuties wasn't totally mine; I adapted them from the book Craft-a-Doodle: 75 Creative Exercises from 18 Artists by Jenny Doh. 

Drawing my cute little owl friends in ink first.
Finished owls in b&w, ready for color.
Finished: painted and ready to go!

Nothing fancy or exciting, I know! Just a bit of practice work. I was reminded that getting back into watercolors is definitely going to take some practice. I'd forgotten quite a bit from my younger, artsier days about mixing, shading, and other techniques with watercolors. But these still look bright and cute, so I'm pretty pleased with them. I look forward to getting more practice in!

No comments:

Post a Comment