3.16.2015

Coming Soon: Avery Amelia!

So, I may have mentioned this, but...a big chunk of my time, priorities, brain, and existence in general is currently taken up by the fact that Mike's & my first child will be arriving soon. Her name will be Avery Amelia, and she is a much-awaited addition to our family (who decided to take her own sweet time getting here).



As of today, I am 36 weeks pregnant, so little Miss Avy will be arriving very soon! It feels crazy-surreal to think that any time between now and early April, this abstract idea is going to become a reality and our baby will be here with us. I mean, between the heartburn, aches and pains, frequent kicks, and awkward growing belly, it's not that abstract. But being pregnant and having an actual child physically present are two very different things. That said, I think Mike and I are very, very ready for her arrival. Not really ready as in prepared for what's to come--we've done all we can in that regard, but I'm sure one can never be truly prepared--but READY. Ready for the waiting to be over and for the new adventure to begin.


I have to say, I am so very, very glad that spring has finally arrived and has for the most part driven away the nasty, awful cold right in time for Avery's arrival. This last little bit of the pregnancy--the part where Mike and I try to soak up our last bit of time together as just the two of us, all while knowing she could decide it's time at literally any moment--it feels very strange. It's a lot of hurry-up-and-wait; rushing to get the hospital bag packed and to take care of last-minute things, waiting around for her arrival while living life mostly in normal gear. I know this is the calm before the storm, and life will turn upside-down once she arrives. But I really can't wait to add this already-energetic (seriously, she is turning in-utero somersaults right now) little gal to our team!



No comments:

Post a Comment